By Veva de Sousa, Founder of VeCoach – on July 18, 2020.
“Financial freedom” a modern concept that has captivated millions of people, including me. When I first heard about it I was 26 years old who just moved in London seeking for better and bigger opportunities. This story is not the kind of interesting one in which I reveal how I passed from the rags to riches.
This story is about how I experience freedom, of all kinds, by freeing myself from my biggest captor: myself.
A dream job, working less hours and more money to find ‘freedom’. We were sold guys. Is it possible? Yes. Does it mean you are financially free? No. Let’s dig deeper.
We want more leadership. This article is a wake-up call to all entrepreneurs out there who are struggling to get their business up and running so they can be ‘free’.
Those who are working relentless with the final purpose of ‘having more money to have more time’.
WE NEED MORE LEADERS.
What do you need and want right now that you think will make you happy?
For how long have you been making excuses about how lucky others are?
What’s the biggest obstacle you are facing right now that is stopping you from getting what you want?
Let’s reframe this.
Who are you?
Do you have the courage to face your fears?
Do you invest your time in living your live purposefully?
Money is not freedom. Money is a resource meant to serve us, not all the way around. I love money because now I am free.
I will share now “7 MUST APPLY” that will bring clarity to you and your business:
- SHIFT YOUR FOCUS. Do you want money? You first need to build an identity for that. Invest in your own growth. Have a purpose and a clear direction and watch money coming into your life. Basically: lead your own destiny.
- INVEST IN THE RIGHT ENVIRONMENT. If you don’t have a group of people like-minded who will encourage you, challenge you and spark your creativity, you are doomed to mediocrity. Surround yourself with people who are ahead of you and learn.
- PROTECT YOUR ENERGY. Don’t neglect your health for wealth. Be intelligent and move your body on a daily basis. Eat proper and real food and gain clarity. Go for nature walks, hire a personal trainer, go for run or go for surfing trip.
- NOVELTY. Feed your brain with proper stuff. Read books and have interesting conversations with people. And when you do, listen and learn something new.
- FACE YOUR FEARS. I know. This one is tricky. Have the courage to ask for help if you don’t know how to overcome your fears. Do you have a mentor? A coach? Time to invest in one.
- MONEY DOESN’T EQUAL STABILITY. Stability is a myth- when trying to be found in the external world. Find your inner strength and stability from within yourself. What are those habits and beliefs that are banning you from getting what you want?
- WHAT DO YOU WANT OUT OF LIFE? This is the key question that will guide you towards leadership.
And your ego? Your ego is everything that is telling you right now what NOT to do.
How difficult your life is, how difficult to have money is, how badly COVID has affected your life and how lucky are those who found freedom.
Ego is pride, vanity, rigidity, anger, guilt, fear…is fixed mindset.
Seek your freedom and lead your own way home: YOUR TRUE SELF.