When you hear of the stock market, it seems a very intimidating subject to go into. When you want to learn how to invest in the stock market, you cannot get a crash course for it because there’s a lot to cover.
On today’s episode, I have the honor to have Rodney Hobson with us, a financial writer, speaker and author of a successful book on stock market investing for beginners, “Shares Made Simple”. He also runs a seminar for less experienced investors every year in the London Investor Show. He has been a journalist all his life, writing for business magazines and being a business editor, before he started in the stock market.
In this episode, you will learn the basics about the stock market and investing as Rodney shares his vast experience in that field. This is one episode that you will not want to miss, so enjoy.
What You Will Learn From This Episode
- How Rodney started in the stock market?
- Why did he write the book, “Shares Made Simple: A Beginners Guide to the Stock Market”?
- The difference between a Bull & Bear Market? What are the investment strategies for both markets?
- How do people know when to buy or sell?
- Ways to make money on investing and types of investments that will give both income and capital gains.
- Investment in stock and shares has become a breeding ground for scammers, how to be on the lookout for this?
- Direct vs Indirect Investing in Stock Market.
- Common mistakes people make when investing.
- Benefits from making your own investment choices.
- Is it advisable to hire the services of a trained financial advisor
- “The higher the risk, the higher the profit.”, Rodney’s thought on this.
- How to spread the risk in investment?
- Rodney also wrote a book, “Small Companies, Big Profits”, is it about profit margin being bigger when spread in small companies?
- The difference between the financial crash in 2008 and the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic
- The market outlook for the rest of 2020.
- What is the best strategy now, is it best to buy or to wait?
Connect with Rodney Hobson