The Nifty Bosses Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Foreclosures Pre-foreclosure procedures

• Pre-foreclosure procedures

eee3grr-la updated 11 months, 1 week ago 7Members · 8 Posts
  • Edmund Logan

19.03.2020 at 13:51

What do I need to do to get info on soon-to-be foreclosed homes, before it goes to realtor’s hands? What information is available to me at the County Clerks office? Public notice of Foreclosure??
    Do I contact the mortgage holder directly?
    I live in a rural area, investor opportunities seem to be increasing. I don’t think there is a lot of competition yet, and I would like to deal with the necessary people in a professional manner.

• Marsha Bishop

19.03.2020 at 13:53

The current lender will not speak with you unless you have an authorization to release information from the current owner. Some have their own form, some will take a form you use, some want it notarized.
    So, once you have the NOD (or whatever), your next step is probably to contact the owner.

• Annabelle O’Neal

19.03.2020 at 13:54

Another way is to get Pre Notice Defaults. You can get this information from a provider that sells 30/60/90 day lates. The issue is that sometimes you need to order a list of at least 5,000 names.

• Heather Chapman

19.03.2020 at 13:55

Hi, if you want to catch pre-foreclosures, take loan officers out to lunch. They can’t tell you who, and you should not ask, but tell them you are willing to assist people who get behind before they get to acution. The loan officer can tell people, “I know a guy who might be able to help you”, you can take it from there!

• Amberly Wilcox

19.03.2020 at 13:56

Depending on your local market, you may be able to access the foreclosure files online.
    Contact your local courthouse or municipality and find out if you can do this.
    If not, you may have to travel down to the courthouse and review the files yourself.
    Within the file you can find out the seller’s name, property address and loan information.
    Just about everything you need to know can be found there.

• Edmund Logan

19.03.2020 at 13:57

The county I am in does not offer this information online. I want to be able to find properties in default before it switches hands back to the bank, or before a realtor has it. I called the clerk’s office and didn’t receive much help. The ‘Notice of Default’ shown in the legal section of the newspaper should be filed with the county clerk right? Shouldn’t I be able to search a database at the courthouse for ‘Notice of Default’ filings over say the last couple of months?

• John Young

19.03.2020 at 13:58

The notices are filed with someone. Since the recorder is the one that deals with all public record filings, that’s a good place to start.

They’re required to be published somewhere.

The “data base” may be just the paper documents. Even if its electronic, the county may have fees to access it. In my county, for example, you can subscribe with the county to get the notices as soon as they’re published, once a week. If you have a specific address, you can look it up for free.

In many areas, some local company grabs the information as soon as its available and sends it to their subscribers.

• eee3grr-la

19.03.2020 at 13:59

There are many services that will give you pre-foreclose homes. You can also get the info from the county it is public record. You will have no luck contacting the lien holders directly.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now