Personal Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
You do not have to give us any personal information to browse the Services. However, you may be asked to provide personal information to submit or request information from us, or to use the Services. Once you provide us with personal information about you, you are no longer anonymous to us. This information may include:
- Registration Information. When you sign up for the Services, you are required to provide information such as your name, email address, password and location(s) of interest.
- Profile Information. You may choose to provide us with profile information, such as your picture, personal bio, interests, posts and other comments, phone number, physical address, alternate email address, and links to other websites. By default, this information will be made public to users of the Services. Please see VI.C for information about how to manage the information you share through the Services.
- Additional Information. Additional information that you provide to us, including when you complete certain forms through the Services, upload or submit any material through the Services, request information or contact us with inquiries, or when you use other certain aspects of our Services, may be collected and stored. For example, you may be asked to provide a credit card number to subscribe to Services.
We use location information from location-enabled devices (including through GPS, cellular, and Wi-Fi networks) and from third parties to determine your location and as a means to provide you with the most relevant data and search information for the Services. We collect location information from your mobile device even when you are not actively using the App (such as when the App is running in the background or if you exit the App without using “force quit”). You can disable location services through your mobile device’s settings or the App’s settings by turning off the location information. But quitting and reopening the App may automatically reset the settings to allow the transmission of location information, even if you do not manually adjust the settings.
Automated Information Collection
We may collect certain information about your use of the Services through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Services, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Services, the pages you looked at on the Services, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Services, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Services, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information. When you access the Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser or mobile device sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, internet protocol (“IP”) address (or the proxy server you use to access the internet), browser type, browser language, your computer operating system, email patterns, your mobile device and mobile operating system, the name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links. The Services may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- URLs. When you visit or access the Services we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Services. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on the Services.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Services and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Services administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Services, to compile aggregate statistics about Services usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Services. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
- Aggregate Information. We may compile certain personal information and other information collected through the Services on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of people who have visited the Services and other user demographics. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Identify you when you sign on to your account
- Create a profile for you
- Administer your account and otherwise provide services to you
- Respond to your questions and feedback
- Contact you
- Present projects and opportunities to you
- Audit, maintain, protect, and improve our Services
- Ensure that our Site functions as intended
- Tailor advertisements to you
- Develop new products and services
- Compile information on an aggregate basis
- Provide the information, products and services you request
- Provide you with effective customer service
- Contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us)
- -Invite you to participate in surveys and provide Feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us)
- To improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site
- For security, credit or fraud prevention purposes
- To contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you or that you may have requested information about;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use your personal information for other purposes that you authorize.
Personal Information We Share
- Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Required by Law. We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
- Information You Post Publicly. Any information you post, upload, or otherwise provide to a public message board, chat area, or other public area of the Services will be made public to users of the Services, including certain metadata related to such activities (such as timestamps).
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Third Party Service Providers. We work with third party service providers in connection with our offerings. Such services may include website hosting, marketing, website usage analytics, advertising, and monitoring and maintaining the Services. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
- Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics to gather statistics on portions of the Site. We may use the information gathered to improve web services. According to Google, Google Analytics employs cookies to define user sessions, which allows for the collection of important data about how users use the Site. Google Analytics uses only first-party cookies for data analysis. This means that the cookies are linked to the Site’s website domain(s), and Google Analytics will only use that cookie data for statistical analysis related to your browsing behavior through the Site. According to Google, the data collected cannot be altered or retrieved by services from other domains. If you choose, you can opt out by turning off cookies in the preferences settings in your browser. For more information on Google Analytics, please visit Google’s web site.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose personal information to third parties who acquire all or a portion of Company’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Mailing Lists. We may sell the names and email addresses of our users to certain third parties, such as Crowdfunding portals, who provide products or services in which our users may be interested.
- To confirm your registration
- To provide you with legal notices
- To notify you of new investment opportunities
- When the online profile you created is changed
- To ask you to participate in surveys, or otherwise provide feedback
- To ask you for information
This Site Is Hosted on Servers Located in the United Kingdom